Monday 18 February 2008

Family Day

It's Family Day today. No, I'm not standing on the banks of the Bow River with my laptop right now, nor did anyone in my family want to go out to a local lake and stare down a hole in the ice. So far however, we haven't done anything as a family today other than a family meeting and cleaning up the kitchen. We have a Jenn-Air stove with the indoor BBQ and it was my turn to clean up the drippings and grease from the steaks we had last night. That can get messy and if it gets left too long, quite nasty as well. I guess the plan this evening is to play board games with the family. I like a few of these games like; Are you smarter than a fifth grader, Clue, Trivial Pursuit, etc... but there are a few that drive me nuts like Sorry! or ones that take entirely to long to finish like Monopoly. Anywho, we'll be playing a few of those games tonight right after me and the wife make up some hot food. Boy do we love our hot food, and our favorite is Curried Lamb. We rarely ever make that though and when we do, we usually substitute the Lamb for Beef. If you like hot food , here's a great recipe to try...

2 lbs. beef, 2-inch cubes, trim off fat
4 potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch cubes (originally calls for 2 potatoes)
1/2 c. oil
2 med. onions, diced
2 ripe tomatoes or canned
1 tbsp. ginger/garlic paste
Salt/pepper to taste
1 heaping tbsp. curry powder to each lb. meat (mix with water to form paste)

In frying pan, heat oil and saute onions until they start to turn dark brown. Add tomatoes, garlic/ginger paste and curry paste. Stir frequently until mixture becomes pasty.

Add beef cubes; stir gently for 2-5 minutes. Don't scorch it though. Add water if it gets too dry. Cook until nearly done. Add the potato cubes; stir and mix in spices.

Add water or stock to just barely cover the mixture; cover, simmer 20-30 minutes or until beef is tender. Add salt/pepper and hot sauce to taste.

Yuummyyyyy!!!!

Speaking of yummy, I found this great hot sandwich maker for your vehicle on the net. This is awesome for fishing trips and it's only $20.


  • Plugs Directly Into Your Cigarette Lighter Socket
  • Non-Stick Cooking Plates
  • Power-On Indicator Light
  • 5 Amps
  • 5 Foot Power Cord
  • 90 Day Manufacturers Warranty

Think I'll pick one of these up. No more cold sandwiches on my trips for myself or my clients. If you wanna check it out for yourself look here... RPDF168 Road Pro 12 Volt Sandwich Maker

No comments: