Saturday 5 April 2008

Stillwater Fly Fishing School


I must be a really good friend or just plain stupid. (I'm not looking for feedback on that statement). I'm now going to send potential clientel to my buddy Phil for close to the same thing that I offer (only I offer one on one instruction). What the hell, Phil's been a good friend and has taught me much since he's been in the Edmonton area. So with that said, if you're interested in a two day introduction to stillwater fly fishing school, here's your opportunity to learn from Mr. Rowley himself.

Fishin’ Hole – Stillwater Fly School Itinerary – May 24 & 25 2008

Saturday

9:00 – 9:15 Introduction and Opening
9:15 - 10:00 Understanding Lakes
10:00 – 10:15 Coffee Break
10:15 – 11:15 Equipment (Rods, Lines, Reels, Boats, etc.)
11:15 – 12:00 Knots and Rigging
12:00 – 2:00 Lunch Break (on your own)
2:00 – 3:00 Entomology (Bugs)
3:00 – 3:15 Coffee Break
3:15 – 4:00 Approaching a New Lake
4:00 – 4:15 Closing and Review

Sunday

9:00 Meet at Lake (to be determined)
9:00 – 9:30 Observation tricks and techniques
9:30 – 4:00 Fish ‘til you drop

NOTE: Course participants MUST have their own boat, pontoon boat or float tube

Course Cost is $150.00 + GST

Register Today at your nearest Fishin’ Hole retail store.




I'm almost finished my indoor spring cleaning and fixing. It's a week long process, you know, cleaning the storage rooms, vents and light fixtures, the covers for the bathroom fans; all the things you leave for that once a year cleaning. Plus I fixed all the loose and broken things around the house like the toilet paper roll holder as well as changing all the burnt out specialty light bulbs, tightening bathroom toilet seats and replacing the spray nozzle in the kitchen sink, etc, etc, etc. I just have the windows left to clean and then the garage. Ya, that #&%$ing garage! That might take me a week. If you saw my garage, it's pretty much a holding tank for everything we've accumulated over the years and don't want in the house. I'm really gonna have a garage sale this year and get rid of this stuff (of course I say that every year). So what does all this have to do with fly-fishing? Well here in Edmonchuck, there's really no fishing possible at this time of year as the trout lakes are frozen over still and the open water at Wabamun is closed to fishing for the spring spawn. So it's the perfect time for fixing and cleaning. You see that way when it comes time to hit the open water, my wife can't hold me back for unfinished tasks. There's nothing worse then telling your wife that you're going fishing and hearing that hated reply: "Are you forgetting you promised to fix the...". Of course if I'm feeling really sneaky I could just say I have a client. That works until she wants the income for the bank deposit but by that time it's too late. And then I pay for being sneaky.

No comments: