Saturday 25 October 2008

The Muir Lake Project

For those of you that frequent my blog, you've seen many posts regarding Muir Lake. I fish Muir more than any other lake for two reasons. First, the trout are now passing the 24 inch mark which means they are almost as big as the trout in any of the other fisheries in the Edmonton area and second, it's only 25 minutes from my door step. I recently bought a new video cam and have been experimenting with some projects. This is one of them. I hope you enjoy it and I hope it gives you a look at what Muir Lake is all about.

For a more detailed look at the Muir Lake project visit my information web site Fly Fishing Edmonton, and click on Edmonton Lakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very lucky man! Glad to see your watching over your waters. 24in trout. Never caught one, would love to but on my waters an 18in has been hard for me to catch.

Mike (Doc) Monteith said...

I'm lucky we have fly fishermen/women that are passionate enough to put the time and money in on a project like this. It was a lot of work from a lot of dedicated people but it paid off.

Nothing wrong with an 18 incher. Be patient, the bigger ones will come and it'll make it just that much sweeter.

Cheers,
Doc