Friday 18 July 2008

Product Review: The monoMaster

Fly anglers take pride in being stewards of their environment. Pack out what you pack in and bring an extra garbage bag with you to help clean up what others may have left behind. But what about the mono tag ends you clip off from your fly?

I recently had the opportunity to try out an innovative new fishing tool. The monoMaster from Grasshopper Outdoors is small, lightweight, handy and excellent for dealing with mono filament waste. Every angler has days when things just aren’t going right and end up cutting off tangled line from their leader . If you’re anything like me, you probably just roll it up and stick it in one of your pockets then forget about it until later. By that time it’s half hanging out of your vest, unraveling in the back of your vehicle or even getting tangled up in your equipment. No need to worry about that anymore with this environmentally friendly tool. Simply ball up the mono, slide it in the slot and roll it in. I was a little weary about this tool when I first heard about it as my major concern was the small tag ends clipped off after tying on my fly but even these tiny pieces of mono stay secure. This easy to use tool is a must have for any environ-conscience angler.



Kermit the frog once sang about how it wasn’t easy being green. I guess Kermit never had a monoMaster.




You can order one online at www.grasshopperproducts.com or www.Orvis.com for $11.95.


Mike (Doc) Monteith

Owner/Guide
Edmonton Stillwater adventures

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a helpful review over here! I think it was such an informative post, I bet that a lot of people would appreciate it just like I do! Waiting for more updates from your blog!